A significant number of employees fail to track their time effectively. Without proper time tracking technology, your business could be wasting money on billing. What are the benefits of creating an effective time tracking system?
Keep reading to learn how to integrate time tracking software with your access control system. This guide will cover everything you need to know about establishing an integrated time tracking system to ensure your employees effectively track their time. The more effectively you track employee time, the lower your business’s losses.
What Is Time Tracking Software?
Time tracking software is a tool that businesses can use to keep accurate records of employee billing hours. One HR.com survey revealed that 43% of employees lie about their worked hours. By implementing time tracking software, companies can eliminate being vulnerable to time theft which wastes company resources.
Time tracking software is an integral part of creating accurate and precise billing, payroll, and operations within your HR department. The software also allows businesses to understand which tasks are the most time-consuming for employees, distributing work to optimize productivity.
What Is Access Control?
Access control is a physical security feature that helps enforce access restrictions for your office building. A commercial door access system uses mobile credentials to open door locks, eliminating some of the issues associated with using keys, pins, and keycards.
Bluetooth access readers can communicate with employee mobile devices while they are in pockets and bags. There is no need for the user to present their mobile directly in front of the reader. The Bluetooth function of access control allows business leaders to enforce stricter physical security measures without inconveniencing employees during their daily working habits.
Access control is the foundation for establishing an integrated security system. This can even be integrated with time tracking software features. To eliminate the possibility of buddy punching, consider incorporating a security camera feed with access control. This will allow you to view the video camera feed and access logs on one interface. This means that you can identify unauthorized access information incidents.
Benefits Of Integrating Time Tracking Software With Access Control
Integrating access control and time tracking software allows business leaders to gain accurate digital logs. These logs display after a user has entered and left the building each day. Your company’s HR team can use these logs to verify billing, payroll, and operations with your HR department. This ensures honesty in employees and reduces the potential for the business to waste money.
Some of the main benefits of integrating time tracking software with access control include:
- Keeping employees accountable – your employees will know they will not be able to trick their way into an extra hour of pay without actually working. This means they will complete all working hours, and you may find that productivity within your business rises. Your employee productivity strategies will be more likely to succeed, too.
- No more estimates – you will be able to charge employees and independent contractors precisely what you owe them. If they only provide a rough estimate of their working hours, this leaves room for embellishment. Integrating time tracking software with access control will establish accurate logs of billable hours.
- Prioritizing projects – with time tracking software, you will better equip your business to prioritize projects based on the length of time reported for previous tasks. Time tracking software can help you optimize your project management processes to improve productivity.
- Identity management – by integrating access control with time tracking software and security camera feed, you will be able to identify any incidents involving buddy punching.
- By integrating time management and access control, your business can save money by cutting costs wasted by employees and independent contractors bulking up their hours.
- Hybrid working – time tracking integrated with access control can give you accurate figures demonstrating how frequently each employee visits the office and how well your company adapts to the hybrid work model.
How Does Integrated Access Control Increase Efficiency?
There are many ways in which integrated access control and time tracking can save your company money and make HR operations more efficient. Integrating time tracking software with your access control system will spare your business the cost of investing in clocking terminals.
Access control automates the clocking in and clocking out procedures by using access events to collect this information. Your business will also save the time and money spent on manual processing of working hours, as the integrated technologies allow for the automated collation of this data.
With automation of manual processing comes the opportunity to eliminate the potential for human error. This will spare your business the future costs this might incur when trying to rectify the problem. Your integrated time tracking and access control system will also help you understand each employee’s working preferences when adapting to a hybrid work model.
Saving On Unnecessary Costs With Access Control
If your business is wasting money due to improper employee time tracking, this could increase your monthly overheads with unnecessary spending. Integrating time tracking software with your access control system can help you quickly introduce measures that protect your business from these costs, allowing you to put more funds towards your company’s growth.
Benefits Of Integrating Time Tracking Software With Your Access Control System
- Keeping employees accountable
Employees will complete all working hours, and you may find that productivity within your business rises.
- No more estimates
Integrating time tracking software with access control will establish accurate logs of billable hours.
- Prioritizing projects
Time tracking software can help you optimize your project management processes to improve productivity.
- Identity management
By integrating access control with time tracking software and a security camera feed, you will be able to identify any incidents involving buddy punching.
- Avoid unnecessary costs
Your business can save money by cutting costs wasted by employees and independent contractors bulking up their hours.
- Hybrid working
Integration can give you accurate figures demonstrating how frequently each employee visits the office and how well your company adapts to the hybrid work model.