Nowadays, Airtable is a top project management software; however, it doesn’t have the important tools required for task management and team collaboration. Now, Tracking Time is one of the best Airtable alternatives that allow users to manage their work in a single place by empowering teams to enhance their productivity.
In addition, Airtable is a project management tool that has a simple interface to help users with data organization and collaborations. The platform lets you add numbers, formulas, and figures like you can do with a normal spreadsheet, alongside images, PDFs, and much more. It is a great platform to level up your data entries and enhance your experience and performance. The popular project management tool excels in certain areas, but it is not always the best choice. So, users are thereby looking at Airtable alternatives to improve their business efficiency. If you are also going through the same dilemma, don’t be worried, as we’ve highlighted 5 Airtable alternatives which can help you run things smoother.
Why is Important to Use a Project Management Tool?
Firstly, businesses have to deal with several tasks, projects, and people regularly. There are different teams having respective leaders, managers, and members who work together to build a successful operation. As more people get involved, businesses have to leverage project management tools to complete tasks.
Moreover, project management tools are used by organizations for project planning, time management, resource allocation, and performance monitoring. They give a clear picture of what is getting done in your business. These tools are essential to obtain a competitive edge and allow you to stand out from the competition. The project management time tracking tools have made businesses more agile to successfully lead projects.
Listed Below are a Few Reasons Why You Need PM Tools
- Excellent team workflow: Get the entire development team to work as one unit. The project manager can easily watch different tasks managed by different team members using the project management tools.
- Quick and efficient planning: Project management tools make the process of project planning simpler and creates a hierarchy of tasks to be completed at a certain time.
- Keep budget under control: Optimize costs to maximize your profits through time tracking, budget reporting, and other tasks to assist project managers.
- Allocate resources and manage them: Easily manage and assign your resources to ensure smooth business workflow.
- Continuous project monitoring: Track the performance of your project constantly through its efficient data-sharing process.
- Easy data sharing: Use centralized data storage methods to easily share it across development teams.
Why Look for Airtable Alternative Project Management Tools?
Airtable is a great tool to manage your data; however, it is not capable of managing certain aspects of a project. This is why users are looking for Airtable alternatives to enhance their business growth. Here are some reasons you should look at alternatives to the Airtable software.
1. Limited task management features
First off, Airtable is not a great tool if you want task management features. It doesn’t have an in-built option to create spreadsheets to assign tasks. To do so, you’ll have to manually assign tasks. This is not great if you are someone who has to frequently delegate tasks to team members.
2. Lacks collaboration tools
Secondly, communication and collaboration with your team are critical to designate work or solving any queries. Sadly, on Airtable, you can only collaborate through comments, which is not great for in-depth discussions or conversations.
Finally, Airtable lacks some important features, and for project management – particularly with remote working teams, you’ll have to subscribe to other tools. This will gravely increase your overall costs, making Airtable alternatives highly desirable.
5 Airtable Alternatives
1. Tracking Time
Tracking Time is a cloud-based project management software that helps you to track time and productivity. Its reporting system is easy to use and is highly customizable. The software allows you to unleash team productivity with automatic time tracking. Its versatile project management and attendance tracking feature make it an all-in-one solution for all your needs.
- Automatic time tracking for productive team
- Project management
- Online Timesheets
- Time cards
- Numerous reporting options
- Rich customization features
- Excellent attendance tracking for teams
- Integrations with a number of apps
Tracking time offers flexible pricing, making it a great choice for businesses of all sizes. You can try its free plan to check all the features it has to offer. Its paid plans are priced at $7 per month for the Pro plan and $12 per month for its Business plan. All the plans have a 14-day free trial period, and there is no credit card required.
ClickUp is one of the best cloud-based project management software designed for different users across the industry. It provides a delicate balance between the right number of features, a user-friendly interface, and affordability. The platform offers excellent team collaboration features with easy time tracking and much more. Several features offered by it can be customized to suit all customer requirements.
- Agile project management features consisting of dashboards and templates
- More than 15 customizable views
- Great collaboration tools
- Real-time reporting
- Advanced time tracking
- Top-notch customization capabilities
- 50+ integrations with native applications
ClickUp has a forever free plan where you can check its features, but it is limited. Its paid plans start at $9 per month and can go as high as $29 per month. For customized features, contact the sales team.
Smartsheet is a powerful spreadsheet-style project management solution for businesses having dozens of moving parts. It helps companies manage their workflow and enhance collaboration with teams. The software is a great starting point for project managers new to SaaS productivity tools.
- Excellent collaboration tools
- Powerful analytics and reporting
- Robust automation tools
- Enterprise-grade data security
- Advanced project management with portfolio management, time tracking, forecasting tools, etc.
Smartsheet has a free plan that is great for people starting out. If you want advanced functionality, then its paid plans start at $9 per month and go up to $32 per month. For Enterprise level features, get in touch with the sales team.
Wrike is a project management software tailored for small and professional service providers. It has a user-friendly dashboard with top tools to manage one-time and ongoing tasks. The platform is great to create customizable workspaces to organize different functions efficiently.
- User-friendly dashboard
- Real-time analytics
- Department-specific solutions
- Custom request forms
- Automated workflows
- Excellent time-tracking functionality
- Great team collaboration tools
Wrike has a free plan that allows users to get a quick glance at its features. Its paid plans start at $9.80 per month, and the highest plan is priced at $24.80 per month. If you want more features, you can contact the sales teams to access its enterprise-level plans.
ProofHub is an all-in-one project management software to manage your projects and team collaboration. It has an intuitive interface and gives you complete control over your projects. These features are scalable, and it is amongst one of the top Airtable alternatives in the market.
- Extensive collaboration capacity
- Clear reporting features
- A range of project views
- Customizable admin control
- Quick accessibility
- Time management and tracking
ProofHub has two standard plans: Essential Plan starts at $45 per month, and the Unlimited Control Plan is priced starting at $89 per month.
Pro-tip: If you’re in search of a powerful alternative to Airtable, look no further than TrackingTime. This cloud-based project management software excels in time tracking and productivity management. Its user-friendly reporting system can be tailored to your specific requirements, ensuring an experience. With automatic time tracking, you can effortlessly boost your team’s productivity. TrackingTime’s versatility shines through its project management and attendance tracking features, making it a one-stop solution for all your needs. Say goodbye to complex workflows and embrace the simplicity and efficiency of TrackingTime.
What is the Best Alternative to Airtable?
To sum up, Airtable is a top project management software; however, it is far from perfect. It lacks some important tools that are required for task management and team collaboration. In simple terms, you will have to use different tools to perform specific tasks needed to run your business efficiently. If you use it, then you will waste your valuable resources and time, which you can focus on other tasks. So, fear not; Tracking Time is one of the best Airtable alternatives that allow you to manage your work in a single place. In conclusion, the software lets you empower teams and enhance your productivity.
About the Author:
Mark Quadros is a SaaS content marketer that helps brands create and distribute rad content. On a similar note, Mark loves content and contributes to several authoritative blogs like HubSpot, CoSchedule, Foundr, etc. Connect with him via LinkedIn or Twitter.
1. First, limited task management features: Airtable is not a great tool if you want task management features. It doesn’t have an in-built option to create spreadsheets to assign tasks. To do so, you’ll have to manually assign tasks. This is not great if you are someone who has to frequently delegate tasks to team members.
2. Then, lacks collaboration tools: Communication and collaboration with your team are critical to designate work or solving any queries. Sadly, on Airtable, you can only collaborate through comments, which is not great for in-depth discussions or conversations.
3. Finally, cost: Airtable lacks some important features, and for project management – particularly with remote working teams, you’ll have to subscribe to other tools. This will gravely increase your overall costs, making Airtable alternatives highly desirable.